Polk Audio MagniFi Max SR Home Theater Surround Sound Bar -Maximum Performance Home Theater System Review
These days, people like to spend most of their time watching movies and TV shows. The entertainment industry is also introducing new gadgets and devices for home entertainment, keeping this in mind. In the list of this new home entertainment, there is a home theater system called Polk Audio MagniFi Max SR Home Theater Surround Sound Bar -Maximum Performance Home Theater System. The package comes with a Wireless Subwoofer and two speakers. Consisting of a Nakamichi Shockwafe Elite 7.2Ch DTS: X 800W 45-Inch Sound Bar System, and dual 8" subwoofers (wireless) & two units of 2-Way Rear Surround Speakers.
In this article, I am going to tell you about the ins and outs of this new home theater system. I will cover questions like how excellent sound quality it has. And what to expect from a product like this?
Polk Audio MagniFi Max SR Home Theater System
Polk Audio MagniFi Max SR Home Theater Surround Sound Bar -Maximum Performance Home Theater System is a 5.1 home theatre system which has MAX sound bar, wireless subwoofer, and two wireless sound speakers. These sound bars are different than other traditional sound bars because they provide a bigger and more dynamic surround sound. These home audio speakers are ideal for your living room; the sound quality of this home theater is optimized to make movie, TVs, sports, and music come alive.
This sound system is patented SDA surround technology enabled which provides broader and more immersive listening experience. It is also equipped with Polk smart remote technology which has voice adjust feature for crystal clear dialogue and audio. You can even control this home theater system with TVs remote control that too right out of the box. This system has an HDMI port, which is 4k compatible. You can even connect this unit with Bluetooth and Google Chromecast. Now you can stream all your favorite music and videos easily. One of the significant advantages of this system is that it is compatible with most TV manufacturers.
You can also connect your mobile phone, tablet, or any other Bluetooth enabled device with this home theater system that too with your fingertips. Its core-pounding profound bass impact takes music listening experience to a whole new level. This system is also compatible with most of the TV brands such as Vizio, Samsung, Sony, and LG. Its slim design helps you to place it right in front of your TV so that you could enjoy your TV with surround sound.
Features of Polk Audio MagniFi Max SR Home Theater System
This home theater system comes with many exciting features that are specially designed to make your home theater listening experience mesmerizing. If you want to buy or are thinking about purchasing this home theater, then you must know all its features so that you could make up your mind to buy this system. All the elements are as followed:
- Patented Polk SDA Surround Technology: This feature is designed to provide concert or theater like multi-dimensional sound experience. This feature also eliminates cross-talk, which is found in most of the sound bars and Home theater systems. It creates a detailed stereo image and an expansive soundstage for the best listening experience.
- Polk Voice Adjust Technology: This technology customizes the voice levels of sound bars, reproduce clear and crisp dialogue while you watch your favorite movies, TV shows, or any sporting event. This Polk voice adjuster provides clear audio so that you never miss a single word of your favorite movie; it also creates a Stadium like an ambiance inside your home when you watch sporting event.
- Slim in Design: This home audio speaker is low profile, which means is very thin in design and does not take much space. This speaker is designed this way so that it does not block the TVs remote sensor and it can be placed at a right spot so that you get best surround sound.
- 5.1 Surround Sound: This system is 5.1 Dolby digital enabled; it is a real 5.1 wireless surround sound which includes two Polk SR1 wireless rear speakers and a powerful subwoofer. This feature of this home theater system creates an immersive multi-dimensional surround sound; it also creates a room-filling listening experience for you.
- Built-in Google Chromecast: This sound system has Google Chromecast built-in, which makes it very impressive. With the help of this feature, you can stream all your online content over Wi-Fi. You can even use your voice to command your home speakers via Google Assistant. Use Google home app to live stream online content. If you watch online content a lot, then this product could be an ideal choice for you and your home.
- Remote Control Compatibility: Polk Audio MagniFi Max SR Home Theater System comes with built-in remote control compatibility, which means that you can adjust the volume of your home theater with your TV remote. No additional setting or programming is required. You can also use a universal remote with this system for a better experience. This system supports a TV remote controller of most of the brands like Samsung, LG, Vizio, and Sony.
- Profound Bass Technology: This particular full system complements a deep bass technology home theatre and music listening experience to a whole new level. The wireless subwoofer is included in this home theatre that produces a massive boost of core-pounding bass impact. If you are a person who likes to listen to music with deep bass, then this sound system is ideal for you. This deep bass technology boosts the movie watching experience and makes it a real life like.
- Night Mode: This is one of the most exciting features of this sound system which you would definitely like. It reduces the bass and the volume dynamics while improving voice intelligibility. This feature is best for low-volume listening at night so that others would not get disturbed.
- Sport, Movie, and Music Modes: Music modes minimize spatialization effects so that you can get natural sound reproduction. This feature also balances sound and smothers bass for better listening. There are mainly three modes in this sound system, namely Sport, Movie, and Music. Movie mode optimizes both the movie and TV content; it also enhances voice adjust levels and provides a bass boost for improved dialogue clarity. Sport mode optimizes the subwoofer volume levels to enhance dialogue-rich content such as news, talk shows, and sporting events. This mode is perfect to have a stadium like feeling inside your home.
Specifications of Polk Audio MagniFi Max SR Home Theater System
All the specifications of this home theatre system are given below:
- Product Dimensions: Dimensions of Sub: 12.11 W by 14.53 H by 14.62 D or 307.6mm W by 369.2mm H by 371.4mm D. And the dimensions of surround sound bars are 43 W by 2.02 H by 3.78 D or 1097.4mm W by 53.1mm H by 96mm D.
- Frequency Response: 35Hz 20kHz
- Drivers: The drivers that are installed in this system are (4) 1 by 3 (25 by 75mm) full-range drivers, (2) 0.75 (19mm) tweeters and (1) 1 (25mm) center channel driver 8 (200mm) ported, wireless subwoofer (1) 3 round driver in each SR1 wireless rear speaker.
- Inputs: There are various ways to give inputs to this sound system such as (3) built-In 4K HDMI inputs (HDCP 2.2 compliant), (1) HDMI (ARC) output, optical input for TV audio, AUX 3.5mm, Bluetooth, Google Home featuring Chromecast for audio, Ethernet (RJ45) for music streaming.
- Wall Mounting: If you like, you can also wall-mount this system as it is wall mountable and can easily be wall mounted. Though it is easy to install a home theater system, you will need an assistant from a professional to wall mount all your audio speakers. Because all the speakers of this system are surround sound and placing them right is very important.
- UPC: 747192128241 INT: 747192128258
- SKU #: AM8414 INTL AM8415
In Box Items
All the items that come with this sound system are:-
- MagniFi MAX sound bar
- Wireless Subwoofer
- (2) Polk SR1 wireless rear speakers
- Deluxe remote control
- (2) AAA batteries
- Soundbar power adapter with power cord
- Subwoofer power cord
- 6.5' (2m) high-speed HDMI cable
- 6' (1.8m) Optical cable
- 6' (1.8m) 3.5mm AUX cable
- (2) wall-mounting brackets (screws and fasteners not included)
- Soundbar wall-mount template Literature
Warranty and Services
Polk Audio MagniFi Max SR Home Theater System comes with one year of manufacturing warranty on Amplifier and three years of manufacturing warranty on speakers. During the warranty period, all the services and repairing would be done by only concerned authorized personnel. If this system is repaired or serviced by anyone other than the authorized person, the warranty will be void. For more information on warranty and services, you can visit the official website www.polkaudio.com. You can also contact customer service; they will assist you as per your need. For North America, you can call on 800-377-POLK (7655) between 9:00 am to 5:30 pm from Monday to Friday. And for customers who reside outside the US, call +1-410-358-3600. Or you can also email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
How do you do a factory hard reset?
a) Firstly unplug power from soundbar, subwoofer and surrounds
b) Plug in the sound bar, wait for the bar to boot up --orange LED will stop flashing.
c) The press Power button on the sound bar the right LED should illuminate Orange
d) Press Mute on the bar and the LED should now turn white indicating Mute
e) Plug in subwoofer and surrounds and confirm the LED on the back of the units is solid green
f) Wait about 10 seconds.
g) If there is an update available, the furthest left LED should begin pulsing white, indicating the update has started, and the LEDs will gradually fill in and show the progress of the update. (If there is no update available, there will be no additional LED activity and indicates everything is up to date)
h) The update can take up to 10 minutes
i) When the update finishes, the furthest right LED will turn green and then all of the LEDs will go off after about 10 seconds
j) At this point, the update has completed, and the soundbar is ready to use.
k) Power on the soundbar and play content to confirm everything is working, and there is sound coming out of the bar, sub and surrounds.
I am buying a new audio receiver. Will these speakers work for that purpose also?
This system relies on unique proprietary wireless connections, and would not be able to be incorporated with an AV receiver. World Wide Stereo is 38 years old, and a proud authorized Polk dealer.
My TV doesn't have an HDMI or Optical outputs.
If your TV does not have an HDMI ARC or Optical output you can connect the sound bar to your TV using the included 3.5mm analog AUX cable.
Polk Audio MagniFi Max SR Home Theater is an ideal sound system for your living room, its soundbar is designed to provide surround sound. These Home audio speakers are capable of delivering excellent sound quality while you watch your favorite movies or TV shows. Its Streams music via Bluetooth feature is great for live streaming your favorite online contents. Apart from that, this sound system is easy to install, which allows you to place speakers the way you want, also wherever you want.
This sound system is very much compatible with universal remote as well. Its Polk smart remote technology allows you to control volume and mute with most TV remotes. Now, you can play music via Bluetooth through your smartphone as well. All the information provided in this article is accurate and best of my knowledge. If you still have any doubt, query or concern, you can visit www.polkaudio.com. You can e-mail your questions and concerns at email@example.com as well.